Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day



I had the most excellent Mother's Day! I got to hear my cute husband speak in church. Then I got some great gifts from my kids. Hailee made me a cute bird house at Activity Days. She also made a book at school of things she likes about mom. I was also given a Reeses Peanut Butter egg left over from Easter, a blank coloring page that I can color how I want, half of a dog notepad, and a cake mix. They were all wrapped with paper towels and tape. They were the best gifts EVER!




Dane gave me a gift card to Bath and Body Works. I don't really know why because he is always complaining about how I have 10 different flavors of half-used lotion. I guess it doesn't bother him that much because that gift card will just add to the collection. There was also a special delivery. The "post office" mysteriously delivered a letter that was "postmarked" May 2001 (which happened to be the year of my 1st Mother's Day). There was another gift card inside with a note saying they were sorry that the letter got "lost" in the mail for 8 years but I can finally have my gift for my 1st Mother's Day. Weird....I thought my husband had just forgotten about my 1st Mother's Day 8 years ago. Good thing it was the post office's fault and not his!!!!


He sure makes my life fun. What would I do with out him!?!?



This was our attempt at taking a family picture after church on Sunday. Bennett was a real treat. He kept getting down and walking around. The only pictures that were halfway decent were when we caught him for a split second walking in front of the camera.





4 comments:

Steph said...

Better late than never I suppose! The family pics turned out way cute!

Ben and Laurie said...

Sounds like you had a sweet Mother's Day. Cute family pic too!!

Lisa M said...

Sweet book that was made.

Jacy said...

Bennett is awesome! I also loved him in your Christmas card picture!!! You guys are so great! I really really really hope you get to stay close!

Oh, and I LOVE your Mothers Day presents! So sweet! You really couldn't ask for anything better!