Okay, I just have to vent today. I really don't want to be a big complainer. Normally I really LOVE my job of being a stay-at-home-mom. But like every job, there are moments that are not pretty or enjoyable. I guess I just feel the need to record days like this so when my kids are grown and I am old and bored, I can remember these crazy days!!!
Background: kids have been off-track for a week. We are on week 2 of 3.
It all starts with a printer cartridge. Our printer takes the most expensive ink cartridges so I came up with a fantastic alternative...a store that refills them. Long story short, I returned to the refill store for the 4th time in a week to find out that I am just out of luck. I decide to buy a new printer that takes cheaper cartridges. On the way home, Braden says he is sick. I figure he is car sick so I tell him to rest his eyes and he can lay down when we get home. He vomits into the only thing available at the time...a Goldfish Cracker bag.
Okay, I've dealt with worse. I get him home and bribe Hailee to sit with him while I run to Walmart to buy our new printer. Walmart is so crazy because it is the day before Valentines (which I have not shopped for yet). The printer situation turns into a big ordeal because no one knows what printer I am talking about even though the website says there are printers in the store. Again, long story short...I get a $29 printer, get a few items, and try to keep Kole under control. Oh yeah, he has peed through his clothes and is hungry...I have nothing to remedy either problem.
We get home and Braden is full-blown sick. He is throwing up everything. I am trying to get a nice dinner put together because my husband is FINALLY home on a Monday night. (He normally closes on Monday nights). While trying to make potatoes, breadsticks, and a salad, Hailee is upset because I can't set up the new printer right this very second and she has a FHE to print off. I send Dane out to grill the steaks. Kole pulls out all of the plates and sivlerware from the dishwasher all over the floor. Braden is still puking. Hailee is reminding me that I PROMISED that we would make Valentine cookies for FHE. Dane is trying to schedule his surgery.
Yes. Surgery. He has one working hand right now - it was injured while playing church basketball. I found this information out while trying to talk to printer guy at Walmart. His surgery will be on Thursday. I now have to farm my kids out so I can take him to the hospital. Back to making dinner. While trying to roll out dough for breadsticks, I hear a splashing noise in the bathroom. Kole is playing in the toilet. Lovely. I have to strip him of his gross clothes and wash him off. I finally put the breadsticks in the oven. Braden makes a run for the bathroom and doesn't quite make it. Barf hits the floor and splatters 50 feet in each direction. Dane goes to grab a towel and I try to help Braden get to the toilet. Kole immediately makes a mad dash for the puke on the floor. Again, I sanitize his body and get Braden cleaned up and settled back on the couch.
I am almost done with dinner. I open the fridge to get something and Kole crawls over and instantly grabs a glass bottle of sauce and throws it on the floor...it shatters into a hundred pieces and sticky sauce is all over the floor and under the fridge. I clean it up. We FINALLY sit down to eat at 7:15. Halfway through the meal we try to get Bennett to eat a bite - that's right ONE bite- of a baked potato. It hits his mouth and he gags and throws up all of his dinner. Hailee has lost her appetite so she can't eat. I hardly eat half of my food because Kole had a poopy diaper that I had to change, I got a phone call from the library saying the DVD that we returned didn't have the disc in it and we need to return it tonight. Super!
I still need to make Valentine cookies because my sweet daughter has so thoughtfully prepared a Family Home Evening lesson for all of us and has helped me with whatever I have needed today. So we start making the cookies. Long story short, it all got done in the end and I am exhausted. And it all starts over again tomorrow.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! Anyone who argues that being a mom isn't the hardest job ever just needs to read this post while eating a big, fat piece of humble pie! You're insanely remarkable. Love you!
oh Nat! I got a good laugh out of your day. Not trying to be mean, of course, but it brings back so many memories of days like those that I can look back on now and laugh, although during them I about was committed to the Psych ward! Thanks for sharing!
I'm sorry. The poop and the barf are the worst part of anyones day. It is just a season. I hope one day you will be able to laugh. Blah. Barf. Wish I was there to help out.
https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-cepat-mematangkan-alpukat/
Post a Comment