We have had to start some of our own traditions since we are away from family. Christmas Eve day we have started making ornaments for Santa. We pull out all the crafts and glue and glitter and make a huge mess.
We make cinnamon rolls to have on Christmas Day and lots of other treats. We have Christmas music playing all day long.
I think this year will be forever in my mind. It was one of those moments you wish you could wrap in a box and remember forever. I was at the table with my beautiful babies making ornaments. The smell of homemade cinnamon rolls was in the air and the music was playing. They were all so excited and happy about their ornaments. At that very moment in time there is no where I else I would have rather been.
You have to take those tiny moments as you get them. They are fleeting moments. Pretty soon someone drops the box of crayons all over, someone gets "poked-ed with a fuzzy stick" (pipe cleaner), and glue gets in eyelashes. But I will treasure that little moment forever.
We also got to finish our Advent Calendars. This was so much fun for the kids. And when they asked, "How many days until Christmas?" about a hundred times a day, I could just tell them to count the closed doors.
No comments:
Post a Comment