Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting Back To Normal

Today was our first day back to a somewhat "normal" routine. I don't know how normal it can be when our lives have been turned inside out and upside down but we are doing so well. Dane started his new job today. He was hired last week at Associated Foods. He will be for 4-6 months and then will hopefully get his own store after that - possibly in Southern Utah. We are so blessed that he was able to get hired so quickly. I know there are millions of people who would do anything for the opportunity Dane has been given. It just reaffirms our decision to move out here. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and hears our prayers.

Hailee is still loving her school. We didn't want to pull her out and put her in yet another school so we will be staying with Dane's parents until we know where his permanent position will be. We discovered very quickly that having one car was not going to work for us so Dane was able to buy an Audi (I guess he likes Audis since this is his 2nd one).

The boys are slower to adjust. Bennett has discovered the use of his hand as a weapon. He has also discovered he can pretty much get everyone's attention within 100 feet if he screams as loud and as high as he can. He mostly does it when Braden is anywhere around him but the screams are becoming more frequent and are not just limited to Braden. The kids still have the mindset that we are on vacation so it is hard to get them to go to bed and be on a routine. All of their lives Grandma & Grandpa's house = vacation. Hopefully that will resolve itself soon.

I am loving being around family. I spent my first day alone doing one of my favorite hobbies - couponing. I got $200 worth of groceries for $50. It was a great day! Last week I did something a little crazy. I guess I am missing "This is Kirtland" so I tried out for West Side Story. I don't know if it will work out but it was fun to try out.

We are all missing our Cleveland friends. Braden still asks if we can go to the Holmans everyday...maybe someday!

3 comments:

rochelle said...

I can't wait to hear details! Congrats to Dane! That is great that he got a job. Let go to lunch or do a playdate soon!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm so glad Dane got a job so quickly. What a relief it must be to have everything start to fall into place. I'm sad about not doing Kirtland this year too. Let me know how West Side Story turns out! Good luck getting every one adjusted!

Sharlynn said...

Congrats on the job. I am so glad things are working out for you. Good luck with the final touches of finding out where you will be permanently and moving and all that fun stuff. I hope it all goes well. At least school is almost done so you don't have to worry about Hailee that much. Let us know where your final move will be. We would love to see you guys.