It has been a week since we arrived in Utah. Just have to update so I don't forget this little stage of our life.
The kids are doing remarkably well for being yanked out of their lives and dropped into a new place. We have tried to be really open with them so they don't get too confused. Braden still doesn't quite understand.
We were at my mom's house and he asked if we were going home.
I said we were going back to Grandma's house.
He said, "No, we are supposed to live in Utah. This isn't Utah. This is Grandma Judy's house. I want to go to my home in Utah."
Then he told his cousin today that "I don't have a home. I just sleep at Grandma's house."
Maybe one day he will understand. One thing I DO know is that he is totally obsessed with the Wii at Grandma's house. He is constantly asking to play it. It turns out that it is pretty good leaverage for me!
Hailee started her first day of school. I think I was more nervous than she was. I was up all night the night before stressing over if she would have someone to sit by at lunch and play with at recess. Of course she was fine. She made a friend the first day and everyone was saying goodbye to her after school.
She thinks it is a little strange that all of the kids in her class have "peach skin". She was a minority in both of the other schools she went. She has a litte different perspective than a lot of the kids in Utah, I think.
Dane and I are still feeling like we are on vacation but it is nice to be back around our family. It is weird to drive here. It seems like I should know where everything is...it's just a little rusty. We are excited for family parties and Sunday dinners this weekend. It was also really nice to be with our family for General Conference this year! I sure miss all my friends in Cleveland, though. It still feels like I am going back there. I guess it hasn't hit me that I don't live there any more! Thank heavens for blogging and Facebook!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW! I haven't read blogs for a little while and just read your wonderful news. I can't tell you how excited I am that you are here. We need to get together once your lives get a little more settled. I would love to see you.
I burst out laughing about Hailee's peach skin comparison! That is just tooooo funny! I am so happy that she gets to be near cousins. Grandma Beth has told my mom repeatedly about how she and Kelsey are close. I am happy for them!
We miss you too! Hope all continues to go well. It's just raining and raining here but it is getting green.
Holy cow, you guys have a lot going on. What a fun and scary adventure you are on. Maybe now we can all get together more often. Can't wait to see you again!
holy cow! welcome to utah! where are you living? let me know if i can help out in any way...& maybe one of these days we can hook up! good luck with the job search...things will work out!
Post a Comment