Saturday, January 2, 2010

No, I'm Not Dead

How sad...I really haven't posted anything since May! Good thing one of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog again. How sad that all those thoughts and memories are gone. Well, I will try to play catch-up as best as I can but I will definitely start blogging regularly.

We have had life changing events in the past year. We picked up and moved from Ohio to Utah, Dane got a new job, the kids started school, and we bought a house in Herriman. After my most wonderful and patient in-laws let us stay with them for 7 months, we finally bought a home. We are now in Herriman and loving it. Dane is managing his own store now and he LOVES his job. It makes such a difference in our family to have him really love his job.

We are trying to adjust to being back in a "Utah" neighborhood. It is pretty different from being out of state. We had such great experiences in Texas and Ohio. We were welcomed right in and made friends within the first couple of weeks. Things are much slower here. Part of the problem is that it is winter and no one goes outside. But we haven't really made any friends here yet. Hopefully things will pick up in that area soon.

Hailee is very happy at her new school. We are on year-round school for the first time. She was off for 3 weeks in November. We had a lot of fun...including going to St. George for Thanksgiving. She is in the same class as her 2nd cousin, Kelsie. She was so excited to go to school with someone she knows. She is tired of being the "new" kid. I think this will be the last time. Braden was going to school for a few months but we had to pull him out when we moved because Sandy is about 30 minutes away. We are trying to find a new one for him to go to for the rest of the year. He is SOOOO ready to start something!

We had the best holiday season being able to spend time with our families. It was so much fun to have cousins over and to have grandparents and aunts visit on Christmas!

Sorry about all the words. I think the next posts will be shorter and have pictures.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Sorry we didn't make it over to see you before Christmas! You know how crazy it can be! Lets play soon! And...if you are looking for a great pre-school, just down the road from me, let me know!

Lisa said...

Yay! So glad you are back! Plus, I love your cute new background. I have this weird obsession with birds. Creepy, I know. Anyway, glad you are back into the blogging world. Hope you are feeling better! love you!!

Steph said...

Wow you guys are so close! We should get together sometime. We are just in Lehi. We haven't had the greatest success in making friends either, but we've had a lot going on. Hopefully it changes for us too!

Michal Thompson said...

So glad to hear that all is going well for you guys. We still are working on the "husband likes his job" part. We'll get there!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

YAY!! So you are in the same neighborhood with camille! I am so jealous that you get to be close! I wish I got to see you. My 9 month old is a flipping hellion in the car, or we would have take then opportunity to come visit this winter. Maybe during the summer?!! And just in case you are tired of that cold... there is a warm, sunny place, full of people who are crazy about you... here! Are you able to plan a trip?

Hurst Family said...

Good to hear from you....I was wondering what you guys were up to.