Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You Know You Have A 2-Year-Old When...

You look like this at the end of the day.

And the following things happen in one day:

Bennett locked himself IN the house. I was outside with no keys or phone. He dead-bolted the door and couldn't figure out how to unlock it. After freaking out for a minute, I calmed down & asked him to turn the door again. He was crying and telling me to open the door. I was about to go to the neighbors to call a locksmith when I heard a little "click" and the door unlocked. What a relief!!! I was looking VERY sexy in my stripped p.j.'s and smeared makeup. It would have been awesome to have a locksmith and all the neighbors see me like that!
We move on to the upstairs. While I was in the shower, he climbed up onto the counter and took every Q-Tip in the box, stuck it in his nose or ear, and threw it on the ground. I have germy- germaphobe husband so all of them had to go in the trash.

Then as I am getting dressed, I hear, "Mom, Bennett just did something bad." (Never okay to hear those words). Sure enough, Bennett had colored all over my bedroom door with a pencil. It could have been worse if it was a marker or crayon. I guess I lucked out again.
I am doing my hair when I hear a big crash and I turn around in time to see Bennett flying off my bed onto the floor. Braden pushed him off giving Bennett a rug burn on his eye and ripping out half of his eyelashes at the same time.

Braden felt so bad that Bennett's eyelashes were gone. I asked him what he could do to help Bennett feel better. He said that we should go to the store and buy some hair and we could make eyelashes for Bennett and glue them on. We ended up getting Bennett a car that Braden bought with his own money.

Hailee comes home and a few minutes later I hear, "Mom, Bennett did something bad in my room." (Again, NOT okay). I go up to find that he has pulled off the heating vent and shoved toys down it. Awesome!

That's about all the 2-year-old I can handle today. Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!

10 comments:

Allie said...

LOL!!! Oh this really isn't funny, but it's hilarious at the same time haah! It's a good thing he's so stinkin cute. Love ya!

Stef said...

that is awesome! I don't think I've had a day quite like that, but I can imagine! Remember these fun stories because he will love them when he is older!

Sharlynn said...

I can so relate. Sounds like my little 2 year old. Hang in there! Hopefully today is better.

Picture Perfect said...

Ah, the joys of daily drama! You wouldn't know what to do with your time if he wasn't so "busy!"

Michal Thompson said...

wow, thats about all I can say

Aimee's Family Journal said...

WOW!

& I guess you wont be getting ready until nap time from now on?

And also! COME AND VISIT ANY TIME! Dont you want to just escape that crappy cold and snow prior to baseball season? Ray would love to go to games with Dane.

TylernHolly said...

OH my gosh..I'm laughing my butt off right now. I totally remember this age with Chandler....I never thought it would end..but it did. However, he still scales across our banister and jumps from the top stair to the bottom and thinks our bed, couches and chair are a trampoline for him to perform front flips on (yes he flips without any hesitation). OH..I'm just remembering all of this....stay focused Nat..you can get thru it! You need a mommy day out huh? Okay, I'll plan one !

Colin & Lori said...

Is this what I have to look forward to with Cole? Ahhhh, I am already pulling my hair out with the disasters I already have to deal with! This does not sound promising for me.

Suzy J said...

The only cure for 2 year old itis.... Diet Coke! I won't be able to give it up completely until my kids are all in school!

Eva said...

Man I love your kids! I don't think we ever get together as a family without them providing something to giggle about. Alex says it's Dane's genes at work :) And while I am laughing hysterically I also respectfully salute you as the one who cleans it all up!