Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Not So Precious Moment

I almost didn't post this but I figure we all have moments like this. Last night Hailee and I were the only ones present and awake for family prayer. We had spent some really nice quality time together last night and were having some sweet bonding time. I said the prayer and this is the conversation that took place afterwards:

Hailee: "Mom, you said my name like 3 times in your prayer. I got tears in my eyes because you love me so much."
Me: "I DO love you. I say your name a lot of times in my prayers."
Hailee: "Sometimes I say your name in prayers but it is usually so you're not stressed and spazzy. You know...with the boys and everything."

I guess her prayers were answered because I was painfully aware of my "spazzyness" all day today and I am trying harder not to be "spazzy" anymore!

11 comments:

Stef said...

That is so cute! She's got a lot of insight :) They always tell it how it is.

Summer said...

That's so funny...and sweet! I need all the anti-spazziness prayers I can get!

Aly said...

Kids say the DARNDEST things! :) I think EVERY mother has spazziness! What a cutie!

Carissa Poyfair said...

How sweet that she doesn't want you to be spazzy! She can slip my name in her prayers to, for that matter. I need lots of help in that category these days!

Lane family said...

I choose my friends based on their spazziness. It's kind of a requirement. Hopefully you don't loose too much of it! What a sweet girl.

Hil said...

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!
Oh, sorry I was kind of a spaz there...

Lisa said...

ha ha.. oh my gosh that is so cute. I love that she said she got tears in her eyes... So Cute. Casey says to tell you that it sounds like there is a little Judy creepin in on you. Love it. :)

Sharlynn said...

we are all spazzy! We are entitled to it. How sweet for here to pray that you can not feel that way. Don't look at is as a bad thing. What a cute little girl.

Courtney said...

That is crazy funny! I bet my kids think I am super spazzy. They probably want a special fast for me. :)

Marilyn said...

That is cute. I guess kids are very blunt and her comment is definetly precious. I just noticed on your blog that you are going on a cruise in January. That will be great I am sure! Where to?

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Oh I'm so glad you wrote that. You'll love that one in years to come, and so will Hailee! lol