There we are at the mall with 7 - I repeat 7 kids and 2 moms. The kids were pretty great the whole time. We got some really awesome looks, though. It seems like no one out here has more than one or two kids so seeing 7 all together out in public looks like some kind of day care or babysitting service.
We visited some kid stores, got some lunch. Terri was nice enough to buy them a stuffed animal (that's really what saved the day). It was time to go see Santa. We get there and the line is at least an hour. Some of the kids are excited, some of the kids don't want to wait. I took Braden aside and brought him closer to Santa.
Me: "Look, do you see Santa? He's waving at you"
Braden: "Yea"
Me: "Do you want to go sit on his lap?"
Braden: Looks very confused. "No...I don't want to sit on that man's lap"
I guess we haven't done a good job on explaining the "rules" of Santa to him. And sitting on some weird old man's lap is not his idea of a good time. I never thought about it but I guess the whole idea is a little creepy.
Here's what we came up with...all the kids (except Bennett with Santa in the very distant background.)
Here's Bennett with his favorite baby - Lucy. She looks like a little doll.
5 comments:
It is hilarious that we think that kids would want to go sit on some freaky strangers lap. We are just straight DONe with the easter bunny. You can't even see his face??!!
I love this post! We were crazy and I can never think of Santa's lap the same again
gotta love the chaos!!!
Hey Nat....how are you?? Can you believe how long it's been....crazy! I spent all last night reading your blog, so now I feel like I'm updated & in the 'loop' with your family. Which is so freakin cute, I cannot believe how old Hailee is! So now I will stalk you on your blog, feel free to do the same, and I just sent you a facebook request to be friends! Hope all is well, and I think Dane told Caiser when they chatted this month, that you guys are coming out to good ole Utah soon. We MUST get together!
Lucy really does look like a little doll!! So cute he is with her.
Post a Comment