I just had to write a little something about the election and how funny Hailee has been with it. Braden has absolutely no idea what is going on - he really doesn't care. But Hailee has been a bit obsessed with the whole political process. It was kind of fun and a little challenging to answer her questions and keep it on a kid level.
She asked me weeks ago who I would be voting for. I told her I would probably vote for McCain because he believes in a lot of the same things I believe in. Here are some of my favorites:
Hailee: "All of the kids with brown skin at my school are voting for Obama because he has brown skin. Are you voting for McCain because he has peach skin like you?"
Hailee explaining something to her friend in the back of the car: "McCain is better because he lets you choose what you do with your money. Obama is going to take all your money away and give it to the poor people. It's better if you can choose which poor people you give it to."
Hailee after hearing a political commercial: "I am tired of all this McCain, Obama, McCain, Obama. They always say that McCain lies and it's not true. I am just sick of it!"
Hailee trying to explain her view to a friend: "Obama is not a bad person. He is a really nice guy. He just doesn't have good ideas."
There you go. Political insight from a 7-year-old.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Political insight from 7 and 8 year olds are my favorite! Your house sounds a lot like ours. I'm glad it's over. Hailey is adorable!
If only we all thought so simply about politics. :) I like the one where she says Obama isn't a bad person, he just has bad ideas... Hilarious!! (but oh-so-true)
She sounds pretty intellectual if you ask me. She probably understands the political stuff about as much as I do.
It's been so amazing to me to see how much insight kids have during the election process. Andrew was a big Obama supporter. I recieved lots of "encouragement" from him to vote for Obama.
I'm just glad it's over.
Post a Comment