I gave the kids a bath early this afternoon because I was watching some friends' kids. We played and ate dinner and the kids left. At about 7:00 I looked at Hailee's hair and it still looked wet (3 hours after her bath). I asked her why her hair was wet.
Me: "Hailee, why is your hair wet?"
Hailee: "It's not. Molly and I were playing make over with our Barbies and we gave each other hair make overs."
Me: "Did you put something in it?"
Hailee: "Yea, it's the stuff you use in your hair sometimes."
She grabs the bottle they used thinking it was Pomade. NOT Pomade.....Vicks Vap-O-Rub.
She got back in the shower and I washed her hair twice. It still looks wet and smells like a cough drop. Oh well!
I am reminded of a similar experience my sister and I had. We were about 12 and 9 and heard somewhere that Mayonnaise was good for your hair (because most 12 & 9 year old's suffer from extremely dry hair). So we saturated our whole head with a jar of mayo.
I think that took about a week to come out. And I think I'd rather smell like Vap-O-Rub than salad dressing.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ha ha... love both new posts. Casey and I got a good laugh out of these. Nothing is better than the smell of a walking human cough drop. mmmm....
HaHaHa! That's funny! I really like Vapor Rub! At least her sinuses should be clear!
That is hilarious!!
Oh man, how could you even get a grip on her hair to try to wash it out? One year, after a week at Girl's Camp without a shower, my mom washed my hair in the kitchen sink when I got home. I have really oily hair -- if I go more than 36 hours without a shower, it shows. She used Simple Green (a heavy duty grease-cutting household cleaner) to get the oil out of my hair, then sent me upstairs to shower and wash with shampoo.
At least you have a great story!!! That is hilarious! I can't stand that smell, I would have washer a gazillion times!
that is too funny. The things kids come up with. They are being totally innocent but just don't realize what they are doing. I love it!
Ha! My sister Angie put Vaseline on her hair and eyes and tried to run out the door with out my mom seeing, because she thought it looked so pretty! So funny!!! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
NASTY!!! How hilarious! Ask her if she and her friend have found a remedy for gray hair!
I tagged you on my blog!
If you want to check out some awesome Christmas music, you can push play on my music player. Some people don't appreciate music on blogs even though I think it gives insight into that person and creates a mood on your blog. For those non music lovers my blog will be silent. For those who appreciate good music while blogging, push play!
OKAY , I can't get this to work. . .
Post a Comment