Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Belize

Our favorite day was Belize. We are slightly bias because Dane served his mission in Belize and Guatemala. It's been a long time since he had been there but he still recognized Belize City. It was so much fun to be there with him. The only bad thing is that we were only there for 1 day. I can't wait until we can go back and spend more time there.

The water is too shallow for the ship to port near land so we had to take a 10 minute boat ride to Belize from the ship. Here we are...on our way.
Mom & Dad.
Danny & Amelia
Maybe Casey and Lisa were up too late dancing last night :)

We got to go cave tubing in the rain forest. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. We hiked through the rain forest up a hill. When we got to the top we floated in tubes down a natural spring. It was totally amazing. Unfortunately we couldn't bring anything with us that couldn't get wet - including my camera. I didn't have a waterproof camera so hopefully someone will be kind enough to let me use some of the pics taken with the waterproof cameras.

Have you ever heard of these super hot models? They're really popular in Belize. They were kind enough to pose for us.
Babes! Randi & Amanda


Our most favorite meal was on the way back from cave tubing. We got to stop at an authentic Belizian restaurant. It was a simple meal of beans, rice, and chicken but it was soooo yummy.
Eat up, Danny!
We were all jealous of Lisa's cool bottle of Red Cream Soda. And she looks so cute drinking it!
Bye-Bye Belize!
I am not wearing pants cuz I forgot to bring dry pants for after the rain forest. I don't usually just walk around in my swimsuit bottoms!
My sweet husband has such a big heart. We were all walking around carrying our wet shoes and he found an older kid and just gave them to him. We all ended up leaving our wet shoes there. We have so much compared to some people in this world. It made us all feel good to make someone's day. This is not the first time he has done this either. He came home from his mission with hardly any clothes. The only white shirt he brought home was the one he was wearing. He left everything else for the members in Guatemala. He didn't care if he had another shirt when he came home. He was content to wear the same faded, worn-out shirt. That is just one of the many great things that I love about this man. He's the best!

4 comments:

Summer said...

So cool! The tubing sounds amazing!!!

Marilyn said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! The beach and the sky looks beautiful!!! I can't wait to go on a vacation to somewhere sunny!

Alison Day said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Can I just say that those pictures of you in Cozumel look GREAT! You seriously look like a model! You accomplished what I still wasn't comfortable with in Hawaii... wearing a brief bottom swim suit - you look SO GOOD! I had to stick with my boy short bottoms - I wish I had as cute of legs as you! Anyway, enough of all that - your trip looked awesome! I am glad your back! (post some pictures on your fitness blog to show your success!)

Brooke said...

When it comes to my brother, I'm not surprised. Dane has always had the biggest heart. He would give the shirt off his back to anyone, if his back wasn't so hairy...er...I mean....Oops! Sorry, Bro!