Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Cruise

We had the most incredible vacation ever!!! It was a much needed get away for us without our kids. We went with my parents, siblings, cousins, and second cousins - 28 people all together. It was such a fabulous reunion with family we haven't seen for a while. It was also adventurous and relaxing all at the same time...if that's possible. I will have to divide these posts up into days because I have so many pictures and we did so many different things.

My brother and his wife (Casey & Lisa), my sisters (Randi & Allie), and Dane & I all flew out to Tampa together. I almost didn't know what to do with myself because I am so used to having kids with me. It was kind of nice to be able to look at a real magazine with nothing that resembles a cartoon. I think I even got to take a nap. That usually doesn't happen for me on airplanes. We stayed at the Hilton and took a shuttle to the cruise doc the next day.
How many people can you fit into an elevator? All of us and our luggage...pretty impressive. Heaven forbid we use separate elevators and get there 30 seconds later.

We got to lay down on a hotel bed without kids jumping up and down on us.
Getting ready to board the ship!!!!
Dinner with no kids menu...heavenly!

5 comments:

Summer said...

LUCKIES! I bet that was so fun!!! Welcome back!

Michal Thompson said...

I almost don't want to read your blog- I am too jealous. What did you do with your kids?

Sharlynn said...

I am so jealous! How fun for you guys! I think all parents need a vacation away from the kids. It is good for the kids and good for the parents. How fun. I am so glad you got to go on a cruise!

Lisa M said...

How great that would be... no kids. Looks like you had a great time!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I really have missed you blogging!! I know you must have had the busiest few weeks on vacation and recovering/make up laundry! I hear that things went well with the kids, and that you had a great time! I can't imagine what it would be like to fall in love again, and twiddle yoour thumbs for your free time! I love how tan you are in your swimming suit photo! You guys are so smart! We need to get away too.