Friday, October 3, 2008
Hailee's Big Report
If you're wondering what we did EVERY night this week it was Hailee's first book report. She has been fascinated with Abraham Lincoln ever since we visited the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. and decided to do her book report on him. She was supposed to write where and when he was born, what he did for history, interesting things about him, and where and how he died. She was also supposed to make an outline of important facts of his life. All of this was supposed to happen with as little parental help as possible. It turns out it was a good learning experience for both of us. I had to really learn how to back off and try not to take over the whole thing and make it look perfect. It was harder for me than I thought. She has a little bit of perfectionist in her, though, and spent way too much time making the title look pretty and just the way she wanted it to. She would have rather done a poster of pretty letters than write facts about Abraham Lincoln. The process was excruciatingly slow and tedious but we made it and it looked GREAT! I am proud of you, Hailee.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job Hailee!
Holy Cow! I hate it when kids are way smarter than me! Way to go Hailee! Way to go Nat on the whole lettin' it go!
Post a Comment