Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Prima Ballerina

Hailee has taken on her latest adventure. She started taking dance lessons this week. She is doing ballet and tap. She says she likes tap the best because of the sound the shoes make. After watching her in her first lesson it is apparent that lessons are badly needed in this area. I thought she would be perfect for ballet because of her thin, long body. Let's just say we will be sticking with LESSONS for a while. What matters is that she is having fun.


She couldn't be any happier...she is in the same class as her friend, Lizzy. They are little twins.

Demonstrating flexibility with side splits.
And middle splits.

Another familiar ballerina pose...right?

We'll be waiting for our call from the Nutcracker.
It's all in the performance, though...she didn't take the smile off her face the entire hour. She's one cute little dancer!

9 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

whatever makes them happy right? Way to go on the project. I worry that I will be a big pain when it comes to my kid's homework. Your great

Lane family said...

LOVE the poses! She looks pretty happy about it! I need to call you today... I need to make sure Elle learns her song better- and I can't remember which one it is! She'll know it... I promise!

Lisa M said...

How cute!! She is having so much fun!!

Tiffany said...

I guess the sweet moves run in family! She gonna do so good!

Suzy J said...

Ahhhh a future "So you think you can dance" star! I love it I love it I love it! I love the poses I love the splits I love the the Nutcracker! I wish you were here so they could dance their way on to the "special" stage together! Darby started piano today! (for a reason) It makes her dancer mommy soooo proud! Just remember no panties under the leotard! I love your guts!

Summer said...

Whaty a cutie! Looks like she's having a great time!

Carrie Anne said...

oh that is great! rebecca really wants to dance but i have yet to look into it for her. you are so funny with the comments on her lessons! thanks for your post...what music did you do in your former life (aka pre children)?:) i'm sure we would have had a total blast in cleveland!!! where do you guys live? i miss it terribly every day of my life...mostly the great friends who become your family...it is just awesome!

Becky said...

She'll get it. The most important part is she's having a good time right!?rspzuba

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love it! The splits are my favorite. At least she's having fun and learning something new. I love Bennett's "lovey". My kids always attach themselves to a blanket of some sort and trust me, it helps in so many different ways!