Thursday, October 2, 2008

My 6 Quirks

I saw this post on Sarah Schuller's blog and I was trying to think if I had any quirks. I LOVE reading little-known facts about people and learning more about them. So I thought I'd give it a try. These were harder to come up with than I thought because I just think of myself as normal and boring. I could think of plenty for other people but not for myself. I still think they're boring and not that strange but here you go.

1) I have to rip off about 6 inches of toilet paper and throw it away before I use any toilet paper in a public bathroom.

2) I HAVE to watch some sort of TV before I go to bed. Usually it is the News or Friends.

3) I hate it when me or my kids smell like maple syrup or look sticky like they have been eating syrup. We NEVER have anything with syrup for breakfast. We only eat it at dinner time when they are going to go right into the bath. One Sunday morning I decided to be fantastic and make pancakes for breakfast. My kids wondered why we were eating dinner in the morning.

4) Calling people on the phone gives me anxiety. Talking to people on the phone, I have no trouble with. Unless it is a very close friend or family member who I have talked to hundreds of times, I get anxiety thinking that I am interrupting them or bothering them - even if I am returning their phone call. It's weird, I know.

5) Some already know this but I have a list words that I think are gross...just the way the word sounds. I avoid saying them if at all possible. What, you might ask, is a gross word? I will give you a few examples if (I can stand to type them) - ointment, mucus, vestibule, gelatinous. Just to name a few.

6) I am affected by noise and smells. I can't stand it when the TV or music is too loud. That is why I got 2 screamer monkeys instead of boys. I have to have a candle or some kind of air freshener on when I'm home. If there is a funky smell anywhere, I cannot let it go until I have figured out what it is and gotten rid of it.


Who can think of 6 quirks for yourself? It isn't as easy as it looks. Let me know when you do!!

13 comments:

Lisa M said...

That is great. It gets me thinking of my own.
Lisa

Courtney said...

I am with you on the noise. I CAN'T stand a loud tv, drives me nuts. I hate when my house stinks. I love those febreeze noticables. The best thing ever. I wish I could put in every room.

Michal Thompson said...

I love learning more about you. I am with you on noise. Just one noise at a time!

Tiffany said...

Hey, you forgot one! You can't take the first cup off the stack at the gas station. :) How could you forget about something that has to do with dc?!

Suzy J said...

I was about to remind you of the cup quirk too but Tiff all ready did it! I love all your quirks and am afraid to post mine.... I don't like smells but it is a certain smell (you know) that stresses me out the most! :D

rochelle said...

I seriously cannot STAND maple syrup smell either!!! I hate it when little kids smell like it. We never, and I repeat never have it for b-fast unless the kids need a bath. EW-gross smell! I hope you never get anxiety about calling me. Hello-I LOVE to hear from you. In fact call me ok?

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I will definitely echo you on the smell issue. Anything that smells wrong, turns my stomach. It has to be found, and removed. Especially when I have preggo bionic nose. Gimme a five sista....

S. Schuller said...

I loved reading your "quirks." I know what you mean about the maple syrup thing. I have a thing about the smell of pancakes on Saturday mornings. I can't stand it for some reason. This was great.

Becky said...

It's always nice to read that people are a little human. The song on your blog right now is one of our families favorite songs Alyssa know every word!!

Hurst Family said...

I think your quorks are so funny.
I totally agree with all of them, that's probably why I'm laughing to myself right now. :)

Summer said...

What a great list of quirks! I feel like I know you a little better now! I'm totally with you on the phone call thing! Sorry, I can't agree with the syrup smell thing, though! I LOVE breakfast ANYTIME!

Rachel said...

I love learning little random facts about you! I have similar issues with certain words. That is so funny about breakfast food. I love that your kids think it is dinner food.

Milly said...

Nat- You're seriously so funny! Those are awesome quirks! I totally feel the same way about the public toilet paper...