So it's official. I'm 30! I don't quite know what to do with myself...I'm supposed to be a grown up but I still feel like I have a lot more growing to do. I had a great day! I admit I didn't wake up very happy about this whole 30 idea but it turned out to be an awesome day. My sweet friend, Terri, came and watched my kids (along with all 3 of hers and she's 8 months pregnant) while I got my hair done. Thank you, thank you, thank you! When I got home every kid had had some kind of melt down so poor Terri was done! But I had a lovely time. Then we went to our new favorite attraction - a freestanding Chick-Fil-A with a play land. That's an amazing feat out here because there are NO restaurants with play lands anywhere close to us. Dane surprised us by meeting us and taking the kids home. He gave me a gift cart to Kohls and I got to go shopping by myself - the best gift yet! We finished the day by going to Dane's softball game and going to Cold Stone afterwards. My sweet hubby came home and put all the kids to bed so I could relax. I didn't clean a thing all day and I am now paying for it today but that's okay...it was worth a day off! Also, my cute family sent me a "Birthday Party in a Box". I received a package in the mail with all the makings for a great party. Complete with cake mix, decorations, plates, candles, hats, noise makers, and all kinds of fun stuff! By the way, thanks for the noise makers. That was our alarm clock this morning. Braden was testing all of them out and woke up the whole family!
I was lucky enough to get tons of phone calls all day long and lots of hugs and kisses from my sweet babies. Oh, and just as something unexpected and cute. I went to go run an errand this morning and remembered I had no gas. So I pull out and start heading to the gas station and realize that the tank is full. My cute husband filled up my car for me. Thanks sweetie!! I'd like to say I have lots of 30-year-old wisdom to share but for now, I would rather go to bed than think of that. Maybe another day when I'm feeling inspired.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday a day late! Your hair looks great.
I'm so glad that you left a comment, I would have never known you had a blog. Horray!
I'm so glad to hear that your hubby was so great to you on your Birthday. What a sweetie pie face.
Hubby's are the best.
Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
By the way those who have Google Reader like me will always see a post regardless of the date. It could be backdated a year and you would still see it as a new post.
Happy birthday! You look amazing! Thirty is a big one. It is a little weird.
Girl!! I totally understand... I just turned 30 as well and I woke up in a horrible mood and really did not want to do anything... then Tom had a party for me that I had no idea about~~~ Im glad your day went well... Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday you oldie! I am glad it turned out to be such a great birthday. Sounds like you are surrounded by some great people!
Happy birthday Natalie! You don't look a day over 21:)
Post a Comment