I was reading some friends' blogs and discovering that one of my favorite parts was little random things their kids said that were funny. I have been wanting to get some of these recorded before I forget them so here are some of our All Star funny kid comments. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come! (Sorry about the way random pictures)Hailee: "Mom, is this Jesus' house?"
Mom (preparing for one of those spiritual teaching moments): "Yes it is"
Hailee: "Then why doesn't he come down here and fix his church?"
Not quite the spiritual lesson mom was thinking it would be.
Hailee (age 2) standing at a gas pump waiting for our car to fill up. A man on a motorcycle pulls up right next to us and starts filling up. Man is in completed biker gear - bandanna and all: "Mom, look! It's a pirate. I didn't know there were pirates where we live!"
Mom: "Who is that in the picture?"
Braden: "Jesus and kids."
Mom: "Did you know that Jesus loves you?"
Braden: "Yep"
Mom: "Did you know he love all children?"
Braden: "Yep"
Mom: "Does he love Hailee?"
Braden: "Yep"
Mom: "Does he love Bennett?"
Braden (thinks for a second): "Umm...No...Jesus don't love Bennett"
Braden (age 4): One week this summer we were very busy and Braden accidentally forgot he was potty trained. So we had several accidents in the week and no time to keep up with all the laundry. At the end of the week he came into my bedroom in the middle of the night because he wet the bed...again. He had just peed through his last pair of underwear and I had no more clean sheets for his bed. I was just too exhausted to try to come up with a better solution so I stuck a pair of Hailee's underwear on him and let him sleep the rest of the night in my bed. He woke up with Dane the next morning. Braden was sitting on Dane's lap while working on the computer and Braden pulls out his pants and looks down. He looks at Dane, then looks down again and says,"Huh?...Girls underwear!?!?"
He had no recollection of the night before and was utterly confused as to why he had his sister's underwear on.
Hailee (age 7): "Mom, why do brown people always ride in their cars with the windows down and their music so loud?"
Braden (age 3): We had a really long day shopping and at the last store we had a major meltdown. All kids were tired and hungry and crying at some point. Braden was running up and down the isles, climbing on anything he could get his hands and feet on. It was very stressful and embarrassing. Needless to say, on the way home in the car I was discussing it with Hailee and Braden about how we don't act like that in stores blah, blah, blah. Suddenly I hear Braden in the back seat in a very calm and quiet voice:"Mom, maybe you should eat some poop."
I just stopped and had to laugh. Usually something like that is said in a fit of rage - not a calm, quiet, rational voice.

Bennett (now): The mystery of how they always learn to say "ma-ma" last.
Me: "Bennett, say Ma-Ma"
Bennett: "Weego-Weego"
Me: "Say Ma-Ma"
Bennett: "Da-Da"
Me: "Say Ma-Ma"
Bennett: "Ba-Ba"
Me: "Say Ma-Ma"
Bennett: "Na-Na"
I'll take it - close enough!
2 comments:
Those are fun and cute. Aren't kids the greatest? They sure need to make us laugh at times because it helps us get through the other times.
On a side note: I did the same thing once when I started a post and then posted it later. I discover and the bottom of when you are making the post there is a little spot that says post options (I believe that is what it says.) Anyhow you can change the date there and it will post it on the date you choose. Even if you choose a date in the future it will post it in the future. I think it is a neat little thing. I hope that made some sense.
Okay, those were so funny! I think my favorite one was Braden telling you to eat poop. How can you not laugh?!?! Oh, and you look so cute in your birthday post!! You must have done some good shopping and I can't help but comment on the cute hair! :)
Post a Comment