Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This Is Kirtland!



So the highlight of the year for me would have to be my experience in "This is Kirtland!". It is our stake's production they do every year about the early saints in Kirtland. I was blessed to get to play the part of Emma Smith. It was such a fulfilling experience! I learned so much about the people who lived here and about Joseph and Emma. Hailee was able to be in the play as well. We had some great bonding time and made dear friends we will never forget!



Hailee was so cute in her debut in a play! She had to go through an audition process where she sang a solo and learned a little dance routine and performed it in front of judges. I was so proud and emotional through her audition, I could barely keep it together through my own! But things worked out and we were both blessed to be chosen to be in this marvelous production.



It was a big decision for our little family to do the play or not. Since I have been in shows before, I know of the time commitment it takes to be part of a quality production. My sweet husband sacrificed all of his weeknights and Saturday mornings through May, June and July so we could be in the show. He got to bond with his boys and he also got some appreciation for what I do all day every day! The hardest part for me was feeling guilty that I get to go do something I love that is very fulfilling and my poor husband has to work all day and come home with no down time. But we both agreed that it was worth the sacrifice.

3 comments:

rochelle said...

I wish I could have seen you in that play. I am sure you were amazing!!!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Wow you guys are really cool! So fun that you have these memories!

Lisa M said...

I am so excited that you did this. I know you must have been amazing. I also am happy you are blogging. It is a great way to keep in touch.