Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Like A Little Boy At Christmas

I just had to share this about my cute husband. We are planning a trip to New York to see the Mets play at Shea Stadium. Anyone who knows Dane well knows he is crazy obsessed with the Mets. He has been since he was a little boy. He follows them vigilantly throughout the year whether they totally suck or not. His dream will come true this weekend and I am so excited to witness it. We have traveled anywhere within driving distance to see the Mets play our whole marriage. Since they are tearing down Shea Stadium after this season, we just had to see it.

He is always so good about planning trips. He researches and finds the best deals on hotels and fastest routes. He has been planning our drive tonight and he is just like a little boy at Christmas who is getting the best Christmas you can imagine! He is so much fun. I am actually excited to be in the car for 20 plus hours with him. It is a great time to talk...a lot! I just had to say I totally have a crush on him right now. I'm a lucky girl! There will be plenty of pictures to share, I'm sure!

10 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

oh, I just love it!

Michal Thompson said...

Good thing we aren't red socks fans, then we couldn't be friends.

Erin said...

Sounds like fun, are you taking the kids with you?

Summer said...

What fun! I'm glad you guys are going on a little adventure together! Do you need any help with the kiddos while you are gone?

Sharlynn said...

How fun! I hop ethat you have a great time.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Dane! He is so funny. I am so glad you guys are doing something that he is so passionate about. It gives you something in common, and is so fun at the same time. Well, again, you are obviously SUPER WIFE!

Anonymous said...

I have a crush on Dane too right now! Have a great time! Be safe!

Rachel said...

That is so cute. Garrett is the same way about his beloved Mariners. Oh boys and their baseball. Have a fun trip!

Justin and Stacey said...

I love that you have a crush on your hubby! Isn't it great that you can still have those feelings after however many years of being married?! I have to admit, you have an awesome husband! Hope you had fun!

Suzy J said...

Hey nannie! I am glad you liked the music! Thanks for inspiring me/us. We stole a ton of your favs so you are welcome to any of mine! I love your guts! sue