We had a blast! It was very quick and we had A LOT of driving but we saw some really cool things!
Here we go! This is what our kids looked like for most of the trip. We turned them into total zombies. Dane and I have been wanting to read Angels and Demons for a while so I got the book on CD for us to listen to in the car. It was a great idea for us but sometimes we got so into the book the kids were a tad neglected. They didn't seem to mind too much, though. They both had a backpack full of stuff to play with that they packed themselves and I didn't even check. They were pretty excited to know that I wasn't going to go through and take out half of the stuff like I usually do. I guess I'm pretty mean.
Mmmmmm...NyQuil Pops.
Arriving at Shea Stadium on Saturday afternoon. We were about 2 hours early for the game but it's a good thing...we wouldn't have found parking otherwise.
That's one happy fellow! I think he might have squealed (in a very masculine, manly way, of course).
A bit random, but I liked Bennett's new pose he does for the camera. It's either this or a huge smile with his eyes closed.
Yes...we are actually sitting in Shea Stadium! Someone pinch Dane.
It was Military Day or something so we all got free camo Mets hats! I think Dane just peed a little.
Yep, I'm rocking some Mets gear too!
We've lost one already!
Bennett isn't much for sitting in a very cramped seat with 400 pound New Yorkers oozing into your space and smelling really good and not sweating on you. This is where I spent about half of the game...on the ramps. He thought it was the greatest thing ever.
That's Dane's rally cap that didn't work too well. They ended up losing 3-2. But the good news was that it was a double header so we stayed for half of the second game and they won that one.
Cute Mets boys
Look what they have done to Dane. They have driven him to the bottle. For those who think I'm serious...Dane just likes to collect anything Mets. I guess that includes sick, used, germ infested beer bottles. I guess Mets override germaphobia.
On Sunday we had to choose if we should see the Statue of Liberty or go into the city and see some of New York. After getting a little lost on Saturday night, we decided to not try and navigate through New York and just have a more relaxed day. It was the right decision!
We rode a ferry boat from New Jersey to Liberty Island and Ellis Island to see the Statue of Liberty. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen!
Ummm...I don't know.
Bennett's highlights of Liberty Island. Notice a theme?
Braden holding up his "right" hand. Later I asked him which hand is his right and he said, "this one," and pointed to his left ..."this is the one I right with." Poor, confused, little left-handed boy.
Dude on our left...definitely NOT European :)
One of the cutest pictures I have ever taken, if I don't say so myself!
Bennett on the boat ride back - way happy to be restrained.
Bye Statue of Liberty!
I will get the DC pics up tomorrow. I am too tired and I don't want this to be the longest post in the history of the earth.
12 comments:
Oh how fun. And not only grandma was checking. I have to admit I have been clicking from time to time. I loved your comments about the game and things. You are very funny. Looks like lots of fun. Good memories!!!!
Looks like you had a great trip. What fun pictures.
That is so fun! I have always wanted to go to NYC. That is a long drive. Way to survive that!
wow-I am way impressed. You guys are the coolest, cutest family! I love that you just get in the car for an adventure with your 3 kids. Totally inspiring. I knew I liked you....
We loved our trip to NYC a couple of years ago. We are hoping to go back soon. We actually made it to a Mets game and I would have cheered for them Dane but they were playing the Padres so I can to chear for my team. We miss you guys and maybe we can meet you in New York if we make it back east next year.
Looks like a great trip. Cute pictures!
What a fun trip! Yay for dane (and you-you good wife!)!
looks like a lot of fun. think of the amazing memories you just created, let alone a happy husband! GOod thinking!
Ooooo that is the cutest rundown of a family trip ever! For some reason I thought you were not going to take the kids! You guys are true troopers! Go Dane! Now what will he dream about for the rest of his life?
That was one of the cutest, funniest posts I've ever read! I miss you guys! Love Bennett's sight-seeing adventures. The whole trip looks like it was super fun!
I've been having a god time reading our blog for the last hour, I don't know how I have missed out on so much of it. It really looks like you guys had a great time and now you have the memories to last forever. Not to mention the super cool hats you got, that was a bonus. So when are you going to see a game in the new stadium?
Looks like so much fun! I;m so glad you got to go!
Post a Comment