Here's my shirt
Braden in rare form. Teasing the girls by turning the water on and off a hundred times. If it's funny once, it's funny 568 more times.
The girlies getting mad at Braden
Cute video of Bennett going crazy outside today.
It was actually going pretty well up until lunchtime. I sat Braden down to eat his lunch and I was going to get in the shower (that's right...I don't shower til lunch). I told him after my shower and after he ate all of his lunch, we could go to the school early and play on the playground before we pick up Hailee. I got in the shower and like always, when I got done I called for Braden to make sure he's not destroying something or climbing something. I called for him and didn't hear anything. This can't be good. I wrapped up in a towel and came downstairs to look for him and found no Braden. I thought he must be outside in the tree and not answering - that happens a lot because he doesn't want to get in trouble for being in the tree. I went up and got dressed (still had the towel on my head, though). I went outside and looked all over and couldn't see or hear him anywhere. I started panicking a little and started searching around my neighbors' yard's getting a little louder and more intense. Realizing I still have a towel on my head, I took it off and went to look in the house one more time trying not to freak out. I was heading back out and my cell phone rings...it was my friend, Terri. She had been walking to the school and noticed Braden playing on the playground by himself and called to see if I knew he was over there. NO!!!!!!!! I was so upset and happy all at the same time. I want to say I felt like hugging him but at that moment I sort of wanted to punch him in the face. I was so upset. I was more upset that he really had no idea what the big deal was. He just wanted to go to the park. Needless to say we spent a lot of time this afternoon talking about running away and strangers and how it is never okay to leave the house without asking mommy.
So that was done with. Braden was a bit of a stinker the rest of the day but he ended up being okay. Bennett on the other hand is causing some stress in our family. About 2 months ago he started throwing up when we put him to bed at night. We tried everything we could think of. We thought it was a milk allergy, acid reflux, some other food reaction, the flu but nothing matched up. We went through a good 2 weeks where he threw up every night. He would never throw up during the day when I put him down for a nap... only at night. A few nights in a row I had just had it with cleaning up barf sheets and carpet and everything so I decided to rock him to sleep and see if he threw up. What do you know...no throw up! So we determined that it was totally mental. Well, I have been rocking him to sleep every night because I just don't have the mental space or energy to deal with the throw up production every night. I knew we would have to resolve this and deal with it sooner or later. It turns out sooner was tonight. We tried it and within about 20 seconds...full on chunckage. We decided that we are not going to make it a production like we always do. We didn't give him a bath. We just changed his jammies, cleaned up the carpet and wiped off his sheets. I didn't pick him up or talk to him. So yep, Bennett is sleeping in barf-smelling sheets and it's probably in his hair but if I can put him to bed without worrying about throw up every night it is worth the sacrifice. Hopefully this doesn't make me a terrible mother. Sorry Bennett.
4 comments:
Oh, how scary! (Braden missing.) I hate that feeling when the VERY WORST things are going through your head!
Great job with Bennett! That would be hard and frustrating night after night.
PS I hear ya about the shower thing! Sometimes I don't get to shower till 4:00pm, if at all! Ü
WOW!! I think I would of hit him!! LOL j/k I cant believe he did that... How scary!!! I am so glad mine are both at school now.. although I gained another one one Tuesday.. nope not pregers... Toms Bio dad is now living with us.... I was going to write about it on my blog but not sure I want to complain about it on there.... Hope all is well
My nephew did the same thing as Bennett at about the same age. . .my siser in law said she would just go in, clean up the barf and lay him back down. She said the first week of doing that sometimes he would throw up again, but finally he learned not to get so upset. She said it was well worth the week of pure yucky to have him go to bed nicely. Although now even at almost 3, ocasionally he still does it when he gets upset, so good luck with that one!
About the whole Braden thing. . .only once has that happened with my kids, how scary! I'm glad he was okay!
Wow- I don't even know what to say. I would have been freaking out over Braden (although Connor has disappeared a couple of times and I hate that feeling) That is so crazy about Bennett. What a little stinker! A cute stinker!
Post a Comment