Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st Day of School

It's official...we have a 2nd grader. I can't believe she is in 2nd grade already! She was so cute. Braden was very sad and confused as to why he is the only one not going to school. Needless to say, I spent half of the day trying to find a preschool that has openings and doesn't cost $300 a month. Here are all of the pictures from the big day!




Hailee and one of her best friends, Sam. They were lucky enough to get in the same class again this year!

Hailee got to choose her own backpack this year. She chose "High School Musical". I just can't get over how big she is. You know your daughter is growing up when "Disney Princess" backpacks are now considered "babyish". Her prerequisite for the backpack is that it had to have something dangley like a key chain or a coin purse. Note the coin purse hanging off the side. This backpack meets Hailee's approval.


Almost time to go in.



Hailee's other best friend, Lizzy, and her sister, Grace.


What?

I guess we get no luck on the pictures today. It's either creepy...


...or spazzy.

He was, however, very excited about his Spider-Man Lunch Box that he picked out.

8 comments:

Lisa M said...

So cute. I can't believe she is in 2nd Grade!!?? Where did the time go??

Summer said...

How cute is Hailee with her new haircut, new outfit, and new backpack (with a dangle!)

Happy Back to School!

Summer said...

P.S. I really like your song playlist! I've been listening to it for almost an hour now. I just left it open in another window while I did my bloggin! Great songs!

Sharlynn said...

Cute kids. Isn't the first day of school fun. I love the pic of Hailee riding her scooter to school.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I mean. Didn't I just hold her as an infant, swimming in mom and dads old pool. I can't believe she has gone from chubby cute litte fatty, to tall thin and just beautiful! The less front teeth the better! I bet you are so proud. ...ps... cute back ground babe!

Marilyn said...

I love your story that you told me tonight and the comment you left on my blog. You go girl for telling them off. Those guys need to learn to be more professional and definetly find a better approach or a different way altogether to rally up new personal training clients. That is cool that Hailee is going now in the second great. She looks all set with her cute hairdo and backpack. Good job, what a good mom you are!

Michal Thompson said...

Wow, Busy bees. I love the new hair cut and school looks like a party!! Preschool here is jus the same $- rediculous. I found a lot in Euclid area that were more around $90. I don't know if that helps though.

Courtney said...

Hailee looks so cute! Love her cut! She is so grown up. Brayden is so funny and cute!