Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bennett Barfs-A-Lot Sanford

That should be his new name. In case anyone is wondering...yes, he did throw up again tonight. And yes, I stuck to my guns. I just decided to wait outside his door to see what would happen. And sure enough, 30 seconds go by and he's hurling. He threw up all over his pillow and blanket. I just took those away and got new ones, changed his shirt and left the room without saying anything to him or picking him up. It was really hard because he was reaching his hands out and trying to grab me the whole time. It is so heartbreaking to walk out of there and know I am letting him cry himself to sleep. But I have to be strong so this doesn't go on and on and on. I really don't want to be cleaning up 2-year-old vomit and listening to him say, "Mommy why don't you hold me"? It's much better when he can't talk. Poor little dude.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you have a blog, now that we are so far away we miss out on so much!! Good luck with all the barfing, hopefully it doesn't last much longer....
I am busy hiding all of my knifes!

Courtney said...

Wow, they talked about throwing up in the go to sleep book but I thought who really does that! Sorry Natalie! You are doing the right thing. It will get so much better. Hang in there!