
That is one excited little boy! He couldn't wait to go to preschool. We really struggled with the decision to put him in school with the cost of it. But we just had to. Braden really needs a lot of stimulation during the day and I didn't feel it was something that I could provide for him at home by myself anymore. He really needs to be interacting with other kids and listening to someone other than me. He has been talking about going to school since the first day of Hailee's school. He just begs me every morning when we walk Hailee if he can go to school with her. I am hoping he can learn some fine motor skills. He is left handed so it has been a little challenging to teach him how to write. He still holds a pencil in his fist and gets really anxious and frustrated when I try to get him to hold it another way.

Got my backpack.

He's very proud of his Spider Man backpack. He doesn't want to take it off - ever!

We're there! Obviously he goes to the Cleveland Music School Settlement. I love it because they use a lot of music cues throughout the day. Braden always responds very well to music so I think it's a perfect fit!

He went right in without any hesitation at all. There were lots of kids crying and pulling on their parents' legs. Braden just said, "see ya, mom!" and started playing with the toys and puzzles. He said they got to play on the play ground which he calls "recess". They also read a book called "You Are Special". The look on his face after school made the huge chunk of change I paid worth it. We love you, Braden!

Oh, I didn't want to forget...I let the kids choose their favorite dinner on their first day of school. Braden chose cheeseburgers and tater tots and watermelon. Yum!
5 comments:
Yay for Braden! Sounds like a great school for him! What a cute boy!
I bet he is LOVING his new school. He looks so grown up! When I first started reading the post I thought he was in kindergarten already.
I am so glad he likes it! Camden is going to speech and then St gregorys. The money makes me gag but I try not to think about it. I have been trying to get Camden to write his name and he always forgets how to hold his pencil. Thats good to know he is right there with Braden.
my rebecca went to cmss & loved it! i love all the teachers & parents...such a great place. oh i miss that place!!
He is seriously adorable!!!! Love the first day of school photos! ; )
Post a Comment